JAR OF HEARTS........♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Louis Koo: Chinese Ghost Story 2011





Louis says: Cherish What You Have (1/5/2011)

In the movie "A Chinese Ghost Story", I play Yan Chixia, someone with a persistent and single-minded love. From his point of view, his past love with Xiaoqian and the love between Xiaoquian and Ning Caichen can be seen suspended in a gray area of love. In many different scenes, he is always very sad, often to the point of crying. Although he excels in martial arts, when facing the forces of love, he is weak and unable to handle it, instead, just watching his loved one in silence.



No mater in movies or the real world, the ending cannot be changed single-handedly. All we can do is to remember the moments and cherish them with gratitude.





Louis says: Complex or Simple (30/4/2011)

Perhaps everyone that watches the movie "A Chinese Ghost Story" will have a different perspective. In this storyline, the content, characters and events are all new with new methods of expression. But the movie still emphasizes the emotions of love and fate, whether it is between humans or between demons and humans. They are merely pursuing love or waiting for love, which is the most touching part.



When choosing how to handle a given situation, you may choose to take many twists and turns or be direct. The process can be complex or simple, depending on your heart. Just like what was presented in "A Chinese Ghost Story", sometimes demons can express more purity than humans.





Louis says: Sweating (29/4/2011)

 
Because the storyline of "A Chinese Ghost Story" spans more than ten years, in my role as the demon hunter Yan Chixia, I go from being young to mature. Each day before shooting, my face would have to be smeared with very strong glue in order for me to have a fake beard. The glue was extremely irritating to my skin and on top of that we were filming during the summer. The sweat on my face would mix with the glue, making my face feel very itchy.



Getting into my role, I would forget about the itching until shooting for the day was finished. After removing the beard, I could see red spots along my cheeks and chin and then remembered the itching.


The hardest time was during a scene where fake dog's blood was put all over my face and head. It never occured to me that when the prop blood got into my eyes, that it would hurt and irritate them. As the director did not stop the scene, I forced myself to open my eyes and continue acting. As a result, because it was so hot, the make-up on my face melted, so the scene had to be re-shot.


Although everyone worked very hard during the filming, we all liked this film a lot and were devoted to doing our best work. I hope all of you will like "A Chinese Ghost Story" too.